The Specialized S-Works Evade Tri Time Trial Helmet shares its roots with some illustrious company, namely, the fastest TT helmet in the world, the S-Works McLaren TT. But what sets this iteration apart is the magnetic buckle that greatly increases the speed of your transitions. When Specialized set out to design it, they wanted to create a helmet that had all the aerodynamic benefits of a TT helmet, only without sacrificing fit or ventilation. The logical place to start was with the shape. If you place the Evade and S-Works TT helmet side by side, you'll notice they bear a striking resemblance to one another. The Evade uses the same profile shape as the TT, which results in a drastic decrease in drag. How drastic? Compared to the S-Works Prevail, it saves you 46 seconds over 40km. Making an aerodynamic road helmet is one thing, but ensuring that the fit and comfort are up to par is something else entirely. After all, one of the main detractions with TT helmets is that they don't vent particularly well. The Evade checks all these boxes, though. And with strategically positioned air vents, the S-Works Evade actually draws air around your head and then channels it out the rear exhaust ports to make sure that you keep cool when temperatures rise around you. But what good is a helmet if it isn't comfortable? No matter how fast it is, it's a helmet that will collect dust if it's uncomfortable. The Trifix web splitter fit system, combined with a five-step height adjustment and ultra-light Mindset micro-dial, ensures comfort by making the perfect fit intuitive, easily obtainable, and completely foolproof.
- Advanced aerodynamics saves 46 seconds over 40km compared to standard road helmet.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports.
- Magnetic buckle for fast transitions and simple operation with one hand or cold fingers.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won't stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.