The Specialized S-Works Evade Road Helmet shares its roots with some illustrious company, namely, the fastest TT helmet in the world, the S-Works McLaren TT. When Specialized set out to design it, they wanted to create a helmet that had all the aerodynamic benefits of a TT helmet, only without sacrificing fit or ventilation. The logical place to start was with the shape. If you place the Evade and S-Works TT helmet side by side, you'll notice they bear a striking resemblance to one another. The Evade uses the same profile shape as the TT, which results in a drastic decrease in drag. How drastic? Compared to the S-Works Prevail, it saves you 46 seconds over 40km.
- Advanced aerodynamics saves 46 seconds over 40km compared to standard road helmet.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won't stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.