At the center of Zipp's 303 Firecrest Disc Brake Carbon Clincher Bicycle Wheel is a newly designed 11-speed compatible hub. Larger Swiss stainless steel bearings with a custom cartridge in the rear hub shell provide increased durability. The hub geometry and virtual 3-cross spoke-lacing pattern are optimized for reliability as well as exceptional stiffness, resulting in efficient power transfer and quick acceleration. The result is superior performance in conditions ideal for disc-brake riding.
When it's time to scrub off speed or stop, you won't have to tense up and 'grab a handful.' You have the consistency and power of disc brakes - precision modulation and stopping power is at your fingertips. You also get the unmatched stability and aerodynamic efficiency of the 45mm deep 303 Firecrest rim and Zipp's groundbreaking Carbon Clincher technology, with its exceptional reliability, handling and aerodynamic performance with the added convenience of a clincher.
Wheels ship with Zipp integrated valve extenders, quick-release skewers and rim strips.
- Firecrest - With the new proprietary Firecrest rim shape in Zipp's 202, 303, 404 and 808 Firecrest wheels, Zipp wheels make a bigger difference in more ways than ever. Not only is Firecrest more aerodynamic than any other rim design, it improves handling in crosswinds and overall ride quality.
- Carbon Clincher - The superior Carbon Clincher technology is the culmination of two years of intensive prototyping and testing. Zipp worked with their composites supplier to develop an exclusive heat-resistant resin based on the materials used in motorsports brake systems. This proprietary technology improves heat management so substantially that all Zipp Carbon Clinchers pass stringent CEN safety standards.
- ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control) - Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of our carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model from the 202 to the Super-9 Disc. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- VCLC™ (Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control) - Visco-Elastic Constrained Layer Control (VCLC) uses a vibration-absorbing material sandwiched between layers of rigid carbon laminate in the rim. When the wheel receives an impact from the road, much of the shock is absorbed by the VCLC system, delivering a 10% reduction in vibration.
- Wire EDM - Electron Discharge Machining allows us to cut the materials for our rear hub drive internals after they've been hardened through heat treating, negating the warping and imprecision caused by the heat-treating process.
- Steel Bearings - Zipp is the only company specifying Swiss made highly specialized ball bearing cartridges. Working with a family owned Swiss bearing manufacturer, Zipp is able to attain a superior level of bearing smoothness and long life. Zipp ball bearings are specified to 10 millionths of an inch tolerance, guaranteeing that they are at least 2.5 times rounder and better matched than most company's "high precision" balls, and more than five times tighter than most "precision" balls.
- 11-speed compatible.
- The hub width on the 303 Firecrest Disc-brake wheelset is 100mm for the front wheel and 135mm for the rear.
- This wheelset is not tubeless compatible.
- Use 20mm rim tape with this wheelset.
- Max recommended rider weight - 250lbs
- Hub Used - 88 Disc Brake
- Hub Width - 100mm
- Rim Depth - 45mm
- Brake Track Width (center) - 26.40mm
- Max Width - 28.50mm
- Clincher Bead Width - 17.25mm
- Spoke Count - 24
- Spoke Pattern - 2 cross
- Spoke Length - 256mm
- Max Tire Pressure - 125psi
- Max Tire Pressure - 8.62bars
- Track Adaptable - No
- Dimpled Surface - Yes
- External Nipples - Yes
- Weight - 780g