ROAD CLASSIC, REVOLUTIONIZED
The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Bicycle Wheel is all about aiming higher. Zipp took their classic 202 wheel -- the legendary climberís companion -- and transformed it into a stiff, lightweight and aerodynamic speed weapon ideal for every road you travel. Thatís the power of Firecrest and Carbon Clincher technologies. At 1,380 g, the new 202 wheelset is the lightest entry in the Firecrest Carbon Clincher lineup. The Zipp 202 Firecrest Carbon Clincher retains the classic 32 mm rim depth of its predecessor though, with the Firecrest profile, now has a wider 25.4 mm max rim width. The results redefine whatís possible with a do-it-all classic road wheel.
- Firecrest – Firecrest rims have a near-constant width from brake track to spoke bed and the wheel’s center of pressure sits almost directly over the steering axis making them more aerodynamic and stable than any other rim design and improving handling in crosswinds and overall ride quality. Simply put Firecrest rims make for faster and better handling than any other classic road wheel.
- Carbon Clincher – Zipp’s exclusive resin, based on materials used in motorsports braking systems, effectively tolerates the incredible spikes in heat caused by braking to provide you with reliability and stopping power.
- ABLC™ - Advanced Boundary Layer Control (ABLC) refers to the patented and instantly recognizable dimpled pattern found on all of Zipp’s carbon rims. ABLC smoothes airflow across the rim's surface and is tailored to every model. The third-generation of ABLC has up to four times more dimples than before.
- 88 Front Hub – Every aspect of the 88 Front Hub sets a new benchmark. The standard steel bearings are the roundest in the industry. The 17mm axle is the stiffest of any road hub tested. When it comes to precision and performance, there's really no comparison.
- Steel Bearings - Zipp ball bearings are specified to 10 millionths of an inch tolerance, guaranteeing that they are at least 2.5 times rounder and better matched than most company’s “high precision” balls, and more than five times tighter than most “precision” balls. The result? A superior level of bearing smoothness and long life.
- Rim decals are borderless, thinner and lighter
- Color: Matte White Decals
- Max Recommended Rider Weight: 250 lbs
- Wheel Weight: 615 g
- Rim Used: X32
- Hub Used: 88 Front Hub
- Rim Depth: 32 mm
- Brake Track Width (center): 24.62 mm
- Max Width: 25.4 mm
- Clincher Bead Width: 16.25 mm
- Spoke Count: 18
- Spoke Pattern: Radial
- Spoke Length: 272 with nipple lock mm
- Max Tire Pressure: 125 psi / 8.62 bars
- Track Adaptable: Yes
- Dimpled Surface: Yes
- Ceramic Bearing: After-market
- External Nipples: Yes