In case you missed the first generation of eBikes, let's back up a sec. The Townie Go! is a battery-powered, pedal-assist bike that lets you ride like the wind without breaking a sweat. The difference this year? An upgraded Bosch frame-mount mid-motor that's quieter and lets you adjust your cadence based on speed. Those are some fancy words, but the gist is that it handles better with a lower center of gravity, a smoother ride and a wider range of power support.
What has remained the same is that the Townie Go! is an absolute blast to ride. The balloon tires glide over any surface with unlimited traction. Multi-gear functionality lets you control output and battery life. And of course, it looks as awesome as it rides. The combination of Townie's Flat Foot Technology with Bosch's legendary performance is a match made in heaven. Or San Diego, which is pretty close.
- Frame: Townie Go! 6061-T6 Alloy Flat Foot Technology
- Fork: Hi-Ten Steel Unicrown, Straight/Tapered Leg
- Headset: 1 1/8" Steel Threaded/Semi-Integrated
- Rims: Electra Custom Alloy Painted 36H
- Spokes: 14G Stainless/Brass Nipples
- Front Hub: Shimano Roller Brake Alloy 36H
- Rear Hub: Shimano Nexus 8-Speed w/Freewheel 36H
- Tires: Schwalbe Fat Frank 26" X 2.35" Balloon w/Puncture-Resistant Kevlar Guard Casing, 67TPI
- Crankset: Forged FSA Alloy 170mm
- Pedals: Alloy Platform w/Non-Slip Tread
- Shifter: Shimano Nexus 8-Speed Twist
- Rear Derailleur: N/A
- Cog: Shimano 20T
- Chain: KMC X10e 1/2' x 3/32"
- Brake Levers: Shimano Nexus Alloy 4-Finger, Reach Adjustable
- Saddle: Ergonomic w/Shock-Absorbing Elastomers
- Seat Post: Alloy Double Bolt Micro Adjust 27.2mm X 350mm
- Handlebars: Townie 6061-T6 Alloy
- Stem: Forged Alloy 22.2mm Quill
- Grips: Electra Ergo Shaped Saddle Matching Leatherette
- Extras: Bosch 400 Battery & Charger, Bosch Intuvia Console, Alloy Rear Rack, Spanning LED Front and Rear Lighting Set, ABUS Frame Lock, Painted Fenders, Internal Cable Routing, Painted Rims, Alloy Double-Prong Kickstand, Stainless Steel and Anti-Rust Hardware