If you characterize your life as on-the-go, busy, or not having enough time, the 2018 Specialized Men's Turbo Vado 3.0 Electric Bike is for you. It's made to accommodate busy lives that are always in movement, which is why Specialized took their proven Turbo pedal-assist technology and accelerated it into the future.
Beginning with a completely redesigned and integrated Specialized 1.2 motor, the Vado proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The Rx Street Tune takes the efficient output and makes it most usable for the urban environment--reacting to the amount of force you apply to the pedals. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. Perfect.
For the Vado 3.0, Specialized developed a custom U1-460 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. With this battery, the Turbo Vado will deliver a pedal-assisted boost up to 93 miles in Economy mode, 40 miles in Sport mode, and 25 miles in Turbo mode. These estimates, of course, have some assumptions--the total rider and bike weight is 220 pounds, the terrain is flat with some inclines, and there is either no wind or a light breeze. In other words, with a top speed of 20mph, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new caf on the other side of the city.
Specialized also developed a custom-for-Vado 2.2-inch computer with the German powerhouse, BLOKS. With this touchscreen smart computer, you're able to connect, via Bluetooth®, to the Turbo Vado Mission Control App (available later this year) for full control over your Vado. This app allows you to tune the motor to your personal preferences, it eliminates range anxiety through the Smart Control function, and it offers the rider a wide range of features, like including navigation, tracking, diagnostics, and ride history. You can also peruse through these screens via the custom handlebar remote, without ever removing your hand from the bars.
To top off all of the innovative features, Specialized chose a worry-free spec on the Turbo Vado 3.0. This means that you'll find a range of Shimano 10-speed components, powerful hydraulic disc brakes that stop on a dime, racks to dutifully carry your stuff, and fenders to keep you dry on wet days.
- A custom 2.2-inch BLOKS digital LCD display enables you to monitor all of your ride data in real time. It also connects with the Turbo Vado Mission Control App (available later this year) via Bluetooth®, so you have full control over the tune, modes, range, and much more.
- The Vado Specialized 1.2 motor is fully integrated with the frame and is custom-tuned for city riding. This means that it intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling--so the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- Custom Specialized U1-460 battery is fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It communicates with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
- Chain - KMC X10eT, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- Crankset - Custom alloy crankarms
- Shift Levers - Shimano Deore, 10-speed.
- Cassette - Shimano HG500, 10-speed, 11-42t
- Chainrings - 40T, BCD: 104, single Xsync style 10-/11-speed
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- Front Hub - Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 28h
- Rear Hub - Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm, 10-/11-speed freehub, 28h
- Inner Tubes - 700C, 40mm Presta valve
- Spokes - Stainless, black
- Rims - 700C disc, 28h, double-wall
- Front Tire - Trigger Sport Reflective, 700x47mm
- Rear Tire - Trigger Sport Reflective, 700x47mm
- Saddle - Specialized Canopy Sport, steel rails
- Seatpost - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- Stem - Alloy w/ display/light mount, 31.8mm clamp
- Handlebars - Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- Grips - Body Geometry Contour
- Front Brake - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- Rear Brake - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- Pedals - Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
- Seat Binder - Alloy, 31.8mm
- Fork - SR Suntour NCX E25, 50mm of travel, steel steerer, 15mm thru-axle
- Frame - Turbo aluminum frame with bottom bracket motor mount, fitness/transportation geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, smooth welds
- UI/Remote - Custom 2.2"" BLOKS. LCD display, USB plug, stem mount w/ custom handlebar remote & Mission Control App connectivity
- Battery - Specialized U1-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- Charger - Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug
- Motor - Specialized 1.2, Custom Rx Street Tuned Motor, 250W Nominal
- Wiring Harness - Custom Specialized wiring harness