Life can be hectic, and at time, it feels like it's passing you by in the blink of an eye. That's why busy lives need faster bikes, and it's from this philosophy that the 2017 Specialized Women's Turbo Vado 3.0 Electric Bike was born. It builds off of the proven Turbo pedal-assist technology, and tailors it for the urban setting.
It features a custom 250-watt motor and 460Wh battery that are fully integrated with the bike and specifically tuned for city riding, and in the case of the battery, it doesn't require any tools for removal, so it's super easy to remove from the bike for charging. You might have noticed that this motor has the same output as the 4.0, which is true, but where the internals of these two diverge is at the battery and custom motor tune. This 3.0 iteration of the Vado's battery has a little less "umph" to it, so you could say that it's better suited to urban environments and shorter trips. The tune, meanwhile, is meant to be as efficient as possible for quick, spontaneous efforts that are demanded when riding in the city. Specialized also made sure that it's totally compatible with Bluetooth®, so you can toggle between battery modes to increase your range in real time via the Turbo Vado Mission Control App (available later this year). There are three battery modes to work with in order to maximize the battery life, and with the app, you can even plot your course and the battery will adjust while you're riding to make sure that you get through your ride on one charge.
- The Vado's motor is fully integrated with the frame and features a 250-watt output. It's also been custom-tuned for city riding, and it intuitively reacts to the force of your pedaling. So the harder you pedal, the more power it delivers. And with an internal belt drive design, it does this without added vibration for the smoothest and most silent ride possible.
- A custom 2.2-inch digital LCD display enables you to monitor all of your ride data in real time. It also connects the Turbo Vado Mission Control App (available later this year) via Bluetooth®, so you have full control over the tune, modes, range, and much more.
- Specialized made the custom 460Wh battery to be fully integrated with the frame, removable for easy charging, and lockable for added security. It can communicate with the display and has multiple modes to maximize the overall efficiency and range.
- Crankset - Custom alloy crankarms
- Shift Levers - Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed
- Cassette - Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-40t
- Chainrings - 40T, BCD: 104, single Xsync style 10-/11-speed
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, SGS cage, 10-speed
- Front Hub - Specialized alloy disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 28h
- Rear Hub - Alloy disc, sealed bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h
- Inner Tubes - 700C, 40mm Presta valve
- Spokes - 700c, (1.8mm) XDB Stainless BLACK
- Rims - 700C disc, 28h, double-wall
- Front Tire - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- Rear Tire - Trigger Sport Reflect, 700x47mm
- Saddle - Aldia Sport, steel rails, 155mm
- Seatpost - Specialized 2-bolt head, forged alloy, 8mm offset, micro-adjust, 30.9mm
- Stem - Alloy w/ display/light mount, 31.8mm clamp
- Handlebars - Specialized, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- Grips - Specialized Body Geometry Contour Women's
- Front Brake - Shimano BL-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180mm rotor
- Rear Brake - Shimano BL-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- Seat Binder - Specialized, alloy, 34.9mm
- Fork - Custom SR Suntour NCX, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit Damping, steel steerer straight, remote lockout w/custom lever, magnesium lowers, post disc mount, 50mm of travel
- Frame - Turbo Vado aluminum frame with bottom bracket motor mount, fitness/transportation geometry, fully integrated lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, smooth welds, reflective graphics
- Battery - Specialized UI-460, On/Off button, state of charge display, 460Wh
- UI/Remote - Custom 2.2"" BLOKS. LCD display, USB plug, stem mount w/ custom handlebar remote & Mission Control App connectivity
- Charger - Custom charger, 42V4A with Rosenberger plug
- Motor - Turbo 1.2, Custom Rx Street Tuned Motor
- Wiring Harness - Specialized Wiring harness